GlobalPlatform, the association which standardizes the management of applications on secure chip technology, has announced its Board of Directors for fiscal year 2016. Five Board seats were open in the election, which resulted in each of the following elected individuals being appointed to serve a two year term:
- Marc Kekicheff, Senior Director of Chip Innovation at Visa Inc. Marc retains his position as GlobalPlatform Chairman for the sixth consecutive year.
- Nils Gerhardt, Group Vice President with a global product responsibility for financial institutions at Giesecke & Devrient. Nils joins the Board as GlobalPlatform’s new Vice Chair.
- Yves Moulart, Director of Development and Innovation within ST Microelectronic’s Secure MCUs Division, Integrated Secure Solutions. Yves retains his role as GlobalPlatform’s Secretary / Treasurer.
- Rob Coombs, Security Marketing Director, Systems & Software, ARM (re-elected).
- Stéphanie El Rhomri, Vice President, Technology at FIME (newly elected).
- Rémi de Fouchier, Vice President, Marketing at Gemalto (re-elected).
- Sebastian Hans, Principal Member of Technical Staff at Oracle (re-elected).
Marc Kekicheff comments: “GlobalPlatform’s success is based on the diversity, experience and expertise of its membership; this makes the organization highly relevant and responsive across technologies, verticals and geographies. The new Board reflects that diversity and authority. With a strong leadership team in place for the coming year, GlobalPlatform will continue to successfully evolve its standardized infrastructure, enabling new opportunities and use cases for secure embedded applications on secure chip technology, and promoting interoperability and stability within existing markets.”
The new leadership team highlights TEE security certification, IoT standardization and developer engagement as key 2016 priorities.